How to Figure Out and Budget for What Braces Cost
While your dentist may say that braces are essential for you or child, they are also expensive and it can be challenging to cover the costs. Check out these smart and simple strategies to make the braces cost fit in your budget.
Factors Affecting Braces Cost
Once you know you need braces, probably your first question will be, “How much do braces cost?” Well, there is not a simple answer because the following factors will determine the final braces cost:
- Treatment Type: There are many choices in orthodontics today and the type you choose can make braces much more affordable. The most inexpensive option is traditional metal braces that are placed on the front of teeth, which are now smaller and more comfortable than ever. More expensive options are much more discreet, such as lingual braces hidden behind the teeth, tooth-colored ceramic braces, and even invisible braces.
- Time: The average patient will wear braces for about 23 months, but the length of time depends on your personal needs and your choice in treatment. Children typically require shorter treatment, which means fewer dental adjustments and lower braces cost.
- Location of Care: Interestingly, the city and state where you receive braces will have a major impact on your overall braces cost. Practices in big cities and certain states have higher overhead expenses, which get passed along to the patient.
Benefits of Braces Make Them Worth the Cost
If you think that braces cost a lot, think about their many health and personal advantages and you’ll realize that braces are priceless. Braces may actually save you money because they save you or your child from facing the following issues:
- Overcrowded or crooked teeth can make it harder to keep teeth and gums healthy, causing additional dental problems and expenses.
- Chronic dental problems can lead to major medical conditions, such as heart disease, diabetes, malnutrition, and more.
- An unattractive or unhealthy smile can make you or child feel unconfident, but fixing its faults can greatly boost self-esteem.
Advice for Finding Affordable Braces
While you may think that your dental insurance will cover your braces cost, realize that coverage depends on your provider and plan. Plus, certain plans only cover braces that are medically necessary or for children under age 18. If your insurance doesn’t cover braces or you lack insurance, there are two ways to get affordable braces.
- DentRite® is a dental savings plan that provides significant savings on many dental procedures. It offers membership options for families and individuals, as well as acceptance for everyone and limitless usage.
- CareCredit is basically a healthcare credit card that allows you to finance numerous health treatments. It provides exclusive financing options, convenient monthly payment plans, and more than 175,000 national providers accept it.
To learn about our family dentistry practice in Annapolis, call Dental One Associates of Annapolis today at (410) 793-4922 or make an appointment.
Dental One Associates offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in Annapolis. With 12 affiliated practices throughout Maryland, our offices are conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At Dental One Associates of Annapolis, we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at Dental One Associates of Annapolis.